In our return to school, we will continue to ensure that our learners experience a Catholic learning environment rooted in Gospel Values and the Ontario Catholic School Graduate Expectations (OCSGEs).
We will continue to use a variety of resources and tools to maintain the strong connection between our home and parishes by:
- Providing opportunities for school-wide Eucharistic celebrations and other prayer services, involving students in the planning.
- Creating explicit service activities that can be completed in a virtual community.
- Creating a plan for both Pastor and Principal to be present and visible.
- Providing opportunities for faith formation for all staff in a virtual or gathering setting.
- Inviting parents and families to join in virtual prayer and faith-life activities.
Some of the ways our schools will promote our Catholic identity in remote spaces include:
- Maintaining regular liturgical events either live or virtual format including streaming school wide liturgies throughout the school synchronously.
- Inviting parents to share prayer and/or liturgies in their first language to celebrate Catholics from all corners of the world at HCDSB.
- Creating opportunities online for parents to hear guest speakers, info sessions, Faith Formation Sessions, pray together, etc.
- Providing prayers and activities to be done at home.
Resources for Students, Staff & Families
- Our Catholic Faith Resources
- Our Catholic Schools
- Renewing the Promise
- Focus on Faith – Theological Theme
- A Prayer Amid an Epidemic
- A Prayer for our HCDSB Community
- A Prayer for Elementary Students
- A Prayer for Secondary Students