This page provides a list of interactive resources, stories and videos for students and families to learn more about Indigenous culture and traditions!
Read Aloud Stories & Songs for Indigenous Learning
Listen and watch the read aloud story for children, The Colours of British Columbia, written by Canadian author of Métis background, David Bouchard, and illustrated by Michael Tickner.
Listen to the following story for children, White Tails Don’t Live in the City, written by Canadian author of Métis background, David Bouchard.
My Healing Song, created and performed by David Bouchard.
The Elders are Watching, a story by David Bouchard, with paintings by Roy Henry Vickers.
David Bouchard, Métis author is thrilled to share his book, The Song Within My Heart.
Indigenous Learning Resources
- Read the story, Claire and her Grandfather to learn more about the contributions and inventions of Indigenous people
- Games from the Aboriginal People of North America
- Facts for Kids: Anishinabe Indian Fact Sheet
- Walking and Talking with Nanabush is a language learning and story sharing site for children and adults wishing to learn Ojibwe
- Stories from the Land: Indigenous Place Names in Canada
- Native American Games and Stories
- Crow: The Legend – An animated movie, inspired by the Native American legend about sacrifice and community