Earlier today, the Ontario government provided an update on the period of school closures and teacher-led remote learning. The announcement indicated that in-person learning will resume next week in schools that fall within 4 additional public health units.
Halton Region was NOT on this list, and therefore HCDSB schools will remain closed for in-person learning until further notice.
The Ministry of Education has not provided a date when our Halton schools are expected to reopen for full in-person instruction. Read the Ministry’s News Release.
What Does This Mean?
- Elementary and secondary students will continue to learn remotely until further notice.
- Students enrolled in the Virtual Elementary School will continue to follow their established schedules.
- The change in learning format between in-person and virtual instruction will be delayed until schools re-open for in-person learning.
- Students with special education needs who cannot be accommodated through remote learning will continue to receive in-person support during the extended remote learning period.
- Child care centres will remain OPEN for the duration of these time-limited public health actions.
- All Before and After School Programs will remain CLOSED until in-person learning resumes.
Our Catholic Faith & Well-Being Resources
Now more than ever, the mental health and well-being of our students, families and staff is a top priority. Should you feel that your family could benefit from further support, we invite you to explore the community resources below: